- Upon establishing the school in 1997, MCDS’ founders searched the world for the best curricula to engage students in the classroom and prepare them for an increasingly complex world.
- Adding grades each year, MCDS launched MCDS High School in 2003 and has graduated eight classes with 100% of alumni accepted at top and best-match colleges.
- In 2008, MCDS became the first area International Baccalaureate (IB) World School.
- In 2012, MCDS began its 9th Grade Academy.
- A well-kept and secure facility, modern science labs, an expansive gymnasium, inspiring classrooms, a technology center, athletics fields and collegiate-level track, and a prairie-filled 45 acre campus are ideal for our hands-on science program, joyful recesses, and extracurricular activities.
- MCDS celebrates each student’s unique background.
- MCDS families (285 families) come from a wide range of 37 different zip codes around the area: Madison (38%), Middleton (13%), Waunakee (12%), Sun Prairie (9%), Verona and Fitchburg (10%), Other (18%).
- Ethnic diversity: 26%
- Students receiving financial aid: 40%
Enrollment by Division
- Total Enrollment: 440
- Lower School (Pre-K–Fourth Grade): 187
- Middle School (Fifth Grade–Eighth Grade): 153
- High School (Ninth Grade–Twelfth Grade): 100
- Our nationally and internationally recruited faculty are exceptionally trained and passionate about teaching.
- Over half (53%) of our faculty have advanced degrees.
- The average MCDS teacher has over 16 total years of teaching experience and has been here for more than 6 years.
- Average class size: 16
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 7 to 1
- ISACS: Independent Schools Association of Central States
- MCDS is a member of NAIS (National Association of Independent Schools)
School Day & After-School Programs
- 8 a.m.–3:30 p.m. (arrival begins at 7:45 a.m.).
- Extended Day on drop-in basis until 6 p.m.
- After-school activities include sports, theater, and significant variety of clubs and leadership opportunities