What is the admissions process?
Our application process begins with our commitment to truly know each child. Applying to MCDS involves a few simple steps:
- Contact the Admissions & Enrollment Office at 608-850-6375 to schedule a personal tour
- Complete the on-line application found here and submit an application fee
- Schedule a shadow day so your child has an opportunity to get to know the students and teachers and enjoy a day at MCDS
- Provide a teacher recommendation (HS students will provide one each from Math and English teachers)
- Provide grade reports from the previous two years
- Submit appropriate standardized testing (MAP, ISEE, PSAT, PLAN/ASPIRE)
What is the average class size?
Lower School (Pre-K-Grade 4): 17 students
Middle School (Grades 5-8): 19 students
High School (Grades 9-12): 17 students
How experienced are MCDS teachers?
The average MCDS teacher has over 15 total years of teaching experience and has been here for six years. In addition, more than half of our teaching staff have advanced degrees.
What is the teacher-student ratio?
Are there after school programs available?
After school activities include sports, theater, and a variety of clubs and organizations. Extended day is also offered on a drop-in basis until 6 p.m.
Do you have bus transportation available?
Yes, bus transportation is available at an additional cost. Our bus company determines the route according to the families who need the service; therefore, bus routes vary from year-to-year.
Does MCDS offer financial aid?
Yes. MCDS offers a robust financial aid program for Kindergarten-Grade 12. More information is available here.
What percentage of students graduate?