What is the MCDS Parent Guild?
The Parent Guild is a volunteer-run organization in which every parent and guardian of an MCDS student is automatically a member. The mission of the Parent Guild is simple yet so important: To build community.
What does the Parent Guild do?
The Parent Guild builds community by sponsoring activities and events throughout the year that bring us closer together. Events include the STEAM Fair, Books & Bagels, International Event, Scholastic Book Fairs, and the Spring Carnival. We bring our faculty and staff together by sponsoring their holiday party, year-end celebration, teacher appreciation week mementos, and periodic lunches and dinners during parent-teacher conferences. We raise funds for these community-bonding events through our annual Poinsettia/Geranium sales (that decorate the stages of our Winter and Spring Concerts before families take the flowers home to enjoy), Used Uniform sales, Box Top collections, Mabels Labels, and the Spring Carnival. Funds raised sustain Parent Guild activities, faculty appreciation, and faculty requests that enhance the educational experiences for our students.
How can I get involved with Parent Guild?
There are many ways to get involved!
• Sign up through the Volunteer Opportunities online form, located in the Parent Portal under the Back-to-School Information and Forms link.
• Visit the Parent Guild table on Parent Orientation Night to learn more about volunteer opportunities at MCDS.
• Join us in September, November, February, and May for our Parent Guild meetings where we discuss upcoming events and topics of interest to parents.
• Look for our monthly volunteer update emails, sent on the third Monday of each month.
• Let us know how you would like to help, and we will find a way for you to get involved. Positions on the Executive Committee are elected in the spring.
Who can I contact about the Parent Guild?
The 2016–17 Parent Guild Executive Committee:
Gwen Bosben, President—firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna Purnell, President-Elect—email@example.com
Anne-Marie Schultz, Treasurer—firstname.lastname@example.org
Amanda Notman, Secretary—email@example.com
Dana Mosling, Co-Volunteer Coordinator—firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Guild Fundraising
Mabel’s Labels—Let’s get one step closer to eliminating our lost and found. Parent Guild has an ongoing fundraiser with Mabel’s Labels, the leading provider of durable, personalized labels (peel & stick labels, bag tags, allergy alert labels and more) to help us reach this goal! It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3…
1. Click on the following link: http://mabelslabels.com/c/?type=fundraiser&b=971
2. Place your order.
3. Begin labeling…clothes, lunch and snack containers, school supplies, sports equipment and all the stuff kids lose.
When you buy Mabel’s Labels, you help to raise funds that we give back to our school in so many ways.
Questions? Contact Judy MoyesFries: email@example.com
Parent Guild Volunteer Opportunities
Sign up today through the Volunteer Opportunities online form located in the Parent Portal.
Parent Guild Documents