What is the MCDS Parent Guild?
The Parent Guild is a volunteer-run organization in which every parent and guardian of an MCDS student is automatically a member. The mission of the Parent Guild is simple yet so important: To build community.
What does the Parent Guild do?
The Parent Guild builds community by sponsoring activities and events throughout the year that bring us closer together. Events include Books & Bagels, Scholastic Book Fairs, and the Spring Carnival. We bring our faculty and staff together by sponsoring their holiday party, year-end celebration, teacher appreciation week mementos, and periodic lunches and dinners during parent-teacher conferences. We raise funds for these community-bonding events through our annual Used Uniform sales, Box Top collections, Mabel’s Labels, and the Spring Carnival. Funds raised sustain Parent Guild activities, faculty appreciation, and faculty requests that enhance the educational experiences for our students.
How can I get involved with Parent Guild?
There are many ways to get involved!
• Sign up through the Volunteer Opportunities link, located in the Parent Portal.
• Visit the Parent Guild table on Lower School Family Orientation Night to learn more about volunteer opportunities at MCDS.
• Join us in September, November, February, and May for our Parent Guild meetings where we discuss upcoming events and topics of interest to parents. Meetings are held at 8 a.m. in the Lower School Lobby at MCDS.
• Look for announcements in the weekly MCDS Need To Know e-mails. The Parent Guild page on the MCDS website is also a great place to stay connected and find volunteer opportunities.
• Let us know how you would like to help, and we will find a way for you to get involved. Positions on the Executive Committee are elected in the spring.
Who can I contact about the Parent Guild?
The 2017–18 Parent Guild Executive Committee:
Anna Purnell, President—email@example.com
Amanda Notman, President-Elect—firstname.lastname@example.org
Megan Bennett, Treasurer—email@example.com
Lisa Goodrich-Moore, Secretary—Lisam_goodrich@yahoo.com
Ana Aquino-Perez, Co-Volunteer Coordinator—firstname.lastname@example.org
Lilly Bickers, Co-Volunteer Coordinator—email@example.com
Parent Guild Volunteer Opportunities
Parent Guild Fundraising
Mabel’s Labels—Let’s get one step closer to eliminating our lost and found. Parent Guild has an ongoing fundraiser with Mabel’s Labels, the leading provider of durable, personalized labels (peel & stick labels, bag tags, allergy alert labels and more) to help us reach this goal! It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3…
1. Click on the following link: http://mabelslabels.com/c/?type=fundraiser&b=971
2. Place your order.
3. Begin labeling…clothes, lunch and snack containers, school supplies, sports equipment and all the stuff kids lose.
When you buy Mabel’s Labels, you help to raise funds that we give back to our school in so many ways.
Parent Guild Documents