Campus Master Plan Process
In March of 2014 J.H. Findorff & Son, Inc., and Bray Associates Architects facilitated a series of input sessions with MCDS stakeholders. These sessions sought to prioritize key improvements, in line with the school’s mission and Strategic Plan. Constituents were asked to identify areas of strength and opportunities for improvement within the current facility. Input was then prioritized based on urgency of need and relevance to the MCDS Master Plan Guiding Principles. Throughout the process assumptions and conclusions were tested through the ongoing input from constituent groups, particularly the academic faculty, parents, and students, and survey data.
Master Plan Guiding Principles guided the process of creating a vision for our campus. At its heart, this plan proposes visionary ideas for creating ideal learning environments for MCDS students. It creates the spaces to allow our students to excel and thrive all the while honoring both the invigorating campus and our desire to remain one school, under one roof, welcoming student Prairie Hawks of every age.
MCDS’ Board of Trustees approved the Campus Master Plan in the fall of 2014 and is currently engaged in creating the strategies to bring this compelling vision to life. Look for future Head’s Coffees for updates on our progress.
Our Campus Master Plan ensures the realization of the School’s strategic priorities. Our future is clear: MCDS’ thriving Lower and Middle School and growing High School require:
- Additional classrooms that inspire the mind
- Expanded science facilities to broaden high school electives and IB pathways
- Designated performing and fine arts spaces so creativity can soar
- Updated library and media center to serve as a 21st century information hub
- Renovations in the Lower School to reflect the needs of our youngest Prairie Hawks
- Improved driving patterns to facilitate smooth drop-off and pick-up
- Construction of the school’s “hearth” or dining hall to serve as a center of community and to nourish the mind, body, and spirit
- Expanded athletic facilities to contribute to the well-being and strength of MCDS student-athletes