- Upon establishing the school in 1997, MCDS’ founders searched the world for the best curricula to engage students in the classroom and prepare them for an increasingly complex world.
- Adding grades each year, MCDS launched MCDS High School in 2003 and has graduated twelve classes with 100% of alumni accepted at top and best-match colleges.
- In 2008, MCDS became the first area International Baccalaureate (IB) World School.
- In 2012, MCDS began its 9th Grade Academy.
- In 2015, MCDS built its athletics program to offer 12 high school varsity sports.
- In 2017, MCDS alumni reached over 100 graduates.
- 40-acre campus hosting a well-kept secure facility, modern science labs, expansive gymnasium, inspiring classrooms, Makerspace, dedicated music rooms (band, choir, and orchestra), athletics fields, track, prairie, and access to Yahara River.
- MCDS celebrates each student’s unique background.
- MCDS families (304 families) come from a wide range of 32 different zip codes around the area: Madison (41%), Waunakee (14%), Middleton (14%), Sun Prairie (14%), Verona and Fitchburg (5%), Other (12%).
- Ethnic diversity: 26%
- Students receiving financial aid: 36.5%
Enrollment by Division
- Total Enrollment: 452
- Lower School (Pre-K–Fourth Grade): 176
- Middle School (Fifth Grade–Eighth Grade): 149
- High School (Ninth Grade–Twelfth Grade): 127
- Our nationally and internationally recruited faculty are exceptionally trained and passionate about teaching.
- The average MCDS teacher has 14 total years of teaching experience and has been here for more than 6 years.
- Average class size: 16 (lower school), 19 (middle school), and 16 (high school).
- ISACS: Independent Schools Association of Central States
- MCDS is a member of NAIS (National Association of Independent Schools)
- IB World School
School Day & After-School Programs
- The school day is from 8 a.m.–3:30 p.m. (arrival begins at 7:45 a.m.).
- Our Extended Day program is offered to all students in Pre-K through grade 8.
- After-school activities include sports, theater, and significant variety of clubs and leadership opportunities.