A Safe and Engaging Environment for Your Child After School
- The Extended Day program is $7.00/hour and is offered to all students in Pre-K through grade 8.
- Students are divided into two groups based on grade (Pre-K through grade 1 and grades 2 through 8). Older students may choose to attend either Extended Day or the Homework Center.
- The program runs 3:30–6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- A healthy snack will be provided 3:45–4 p.m. and when students arrive from after school activities.
- The monthly total is rounded up to the nearest quarter of an hour. Billing begins at 3:45 p.m.
- No contract is needed to participate in Extended Day. Parents are welcome to use the service on an as-needed or drop-in basis.
- Lower school students will check in at the Lower School Pod and their arrival time noted. Middle school students will check in directly to their Extended Day classroom by 3:45 p.m. For check-out, parents sign out each student electronically, which records the check out time.
- All Pre-K through grade 8 students who are not picked up or in an after-school activity by 3:45 p.m. will be signed in to Extended Day and families will be billed accordingly. Extended Day rates begin at 3:45 p.m.
- Students who are not picked up immediately after an extracurricular activity will be checked in to Extended Day and parents will be billed accordingly.
- If you need to communicate to your child(ren) to attend Extended Day after school, please make sure to email the homeroom teacher/advisor by 11 a.m. If you have a last-minute change of schedule, please contact Diane Angelucci at (608) 850-6000 by 3 p.m. Ms. Angelucci can deliver a message to the student’s teacher/advisor so your student is where he/she needs to be at the end of the day.
- If a student is signed up for an extracurricular activity, and the activity is canceled, the student will be moved to Extended Day at 3:45 p.m. If an extracurricular activity is canceled with less than 24 hours notice, parents will not be charged for the first hour of Extended Day. However, if an extracurricular is canceled more than 24 hours in advance or a student is signed in to Extended Day for more than one hour, the appropriate rate will be charged.
- Billing is monthly and based on the sign-in and -out entries. You will be charged only for the time that your student is in attendance. Students must be picked up no later than 6 p.m. A late charge of $5.00 per minute will automatically be billed for any late arrival times. If you know you will be late, please call 608-850-6000, ext. 6223.
Extended Day Locations
Please reference the posted daily schedule for Extended Day, which will be available at both lobby desks and all Extended Day classrooms. Weather permitting, all students not in an after-school activity or the Homework Center will have at least one outdoor recess on the LS playground. After 5:30 p.m. all students will be in the LS Pod (room 223).
Pre-Kindergarten through grade 1
The youngest students will be located in our Pre-Kindergarten homeroom or one of our Kindergarten classrooms for snack and indoor play. This gives the younger students the ability to play and work in an early childhood environment.
Students will have a choice between Homework Center or Extended Day, located in Lower School classrooms. The Homework Center, available only for the first hour after school, is a quiet environment where students can read, complete homework, etc. Extended Day is a more lively environment where students can socialize, participate in art projects, educational/learning games, or free choice. Students may transition between these rooms as appropriate. Various community-building events such as attendance at home sporting events will also be planned throughout the year.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Erin Rumschlag at firstname.lastname@example.org.