What is the MCDS Parent Guild?
The Parent Guild is a volunteer-run organization in which every parent and guardian of an MCDS student is automatically a member. The mission of the Parent Guild is simple yet so important: To build community.
What does the Parent Guild do?
The Parent Guild builds community by sponsoring activities and events throughout the year that bring us closer together. Events include Books & Bagels, Scholastic Book Fairs, and the Spring Carnival. We bring our faculty and staff together by sponsoring their holiday party, year-end celebration, teacher appreciation week mementos, and periodic lunches and dinners during parent-teacher conferences. We raise funds for these community-bonding events through our annual Used Uniform sales, Box Top collections, Mabel’s Labels, and the Spring Carnival. Funds raised sustain Parent Guild activities, faculty appreciation, and faculty requests that enhance the educational experiences for our students.
How can I get involved with Parent Guild?
There are many ways to get involved!
• Sign up through the Volunteer Opportunities link, located in OnCampus (the Parent Portal).
• Visit the Parent Guild table on Lower School Family Orientation Night to learn more about volunteer opportunities at MCDS.
• Join us for our Parent Guild meetings where we discuss upcoming events and topics of interest to parents.
• Look for announcements in the weekly MCDS Need To Know e-mails. The Parent Guild page on the MCDS website is also a great place to stay connected and find volunteer opportunities.
• Let us know how you would like to help, and we will find a way for you to get involved. Positions on the Executive Committee are elected in the spring.
Who can I contact about the Parent Guild?
The 2018–2019 Parent Guild Executive Committee:
Back row (left to right):
Diana Thompson, Co-Volunteer Coordinator – email@example.com
Lisa Goodrich-Moore, President-Elect – Lisam_goodrich@yahoo.com
Megan Bennett, Treasurer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Laurie Gerner, Co-Volunteer Coordinator – email@example.com
Amanda Notman, President – firstname.lastname@example.org
Amanda Ngola, Secretary – email@example.com
Parent Guild Documents, Volunteer Opportunities, and Fundraising
Parent Guild fundraising information, documents, and volunteer opportunities can now be found on the Parent Guild resource board within OnCampus.